FIFA announced the 10-player shortlist for The Best Women’s Player 2017 and The Best Women’s Coach 2017 awards on Thursday.
The list of players shortlisted includes:
- Lucy Bronze (England)
- Deyna Castellanos (Venezuela)
- Pernille Harder (Denmark)
- Samantha Kerr (Australia)
- Carli Lloyd (United States)
- Dzsenifer Marozsán (Germany)
- Lieke Martens (Netherlands)
- Vivianne Miedema (Netherlands)
- Wendie Renard (France)
- Jodie Taylor (England)
Carli Lloyd is the reigning player of the year, having won the award in 2015 and 2016.
Also announced were the candidates for The Best Women’s Coach 2017:
- Olivier Echouafni (France)
- Emma Hayes (England, Chelsea Ladies)
- Ralf Kellermann (Germany, VfL Wolfsburg)
- Xavier Llorens (Spain, FC Barcelona)
- Nils Nielsen (Denmark)
- Florence Omagbemi (Nigeria)
- Gérard Prêcheur (France, Olympique Lyon)
- Dominik Thalhammer (Austria)
- Sarina Wiegman (Netherlands)
- Hwang Yong-bong (Korea DPR)
Both the candidates for player of the year and coach of the year were selected by a panel that included: Mia Hamm (United States), Maia Jackman (New Zealand), Nadine Kessler (Germany), Jacqueline Shipanga (Namibia), Sissi (Brazil), and Sun Wen (China).
Four groups vote for the awards: national team coaches, national team captains, media, and fans.
Fan voting to help determine the three finalists for each award opens on Monday, August 21, and runs through Thursday, September 7. An account is required to cast a vote; sign up here.
The winners will be revealed during the awards ceremony in London on Monday, October 23 2017.